This is a game-changer, folks! If your child is an athlete or you work with young athletes, this is for you. Many of us know that fatigue is the worst enemy for any athlete, but did you know that you can actually strengthen your breathing muscles?
According to Dr. Belisa Vranich, co-author of Breathing For Warriors, “You have ten pounds of breathing muscles just languishing; that is to say, not being trained functionally. You are not training these muscles when you do cardio.” What this means is that you must work to strengthen your breathing muscles separate from your sport. This class will show you how!
The breath is the most basic movement we make and all other movement builds on breathing. Therefore, if your breathing is messed up, your movement will lack integrity and stability.
This class is designed to help young athletes or coaches learn how to:
- Identify and correct dysfunctional breathing habits
- Re-learn how to breathe in a biomechanically sound way
- Understand breathing and emotions
- Breathe in an optimal way for the unique demands of your sport
- Breathe diaphragmatically (belly breathing)
- Breathing to recover
Struggle with endurance or feel gassed quickly? Maybe you want to use the breath to build strength and stability or as a vehicle to calm the body and settle the mind. Whatever the goals may be, breathing in an optimal way will provide the athlete with the tools to perform better overall.
This 90-minute BREATHE™ assessment will lay the foundation for optimal and efficient breathing.
We will learn HOW to breathe to:
- Manage anxiety and nerves
- Regulate adrenaline
- Improve endurance and conditioning
- Reduce fatigue
- Enhance the center of gravity (stability & movement integrity)
Recommended Age: 12 and up *adult supervision required for participants under 16
My Coaching Process
- Assess your breathing style
- Teach you how to give yourself a functional test for breathing
- Teach you how to use the right muscles when you breathe
- Train the muscles
- Track results
*All breathing classes meet online.
What do I need for an online BREATHE™ session?
- Computer, tablet, or iPhone for Zoom session
- A quiet & uninterrupted space
- Yoga mat or towel
- Comfortable clothing
- Empty stomach
- Water bottle
- Tape measure (like this one)
*optional, but highly recommended-Dr. Belisa’s BREATHE™ Book