*This must be completed before participating in breathing exercise sessions
The Breathing Assessment begins with a conversation about your concerns and/or goals based on input from the Health Measurement Form. Together we will set attainable goals and an individualized plan to meet those goals.
We will work together to learn the fundamentals of healthy (diaphragmatic) breathing and improve your overall breathing habits by:
- Determining your BREATHE™ (BIQ) grade-a functional baseline measurement used to monitor your progress and see results
- Learning about different breathing styles
- Identifying myths or misconceptions affecting your breathing style
- Correcting postural issues
- Learn how to breathe to calm the nervous system (rest & digest)
The process is like no other as it provides you with measurable results and simple steps towards better health and optimal breathing habits.
Recommended Age: 16 or older
My Coaching Process
- Assess your breathing style
- Teach you how to give yourself a functional test for breathing
- Teach you how to use the right muscles when you breathe
- Train the muscles
- Track results
*All breathing classes meet online.
What do I need for an online BREATHE™ session?
- Computer, tablet, or iPhone for Zoom session
- A quiet & uninterrupted space
- Yoga mat or towel
- Comfortable clothing
- Empty stomach
- Water bottle
- Tape measure (like this one)
*optional, but highly recommended-Dr. Belisa’s BREATHE™ Book