You need to learn how to breathe. Here's why.
With constant media exposure, violence, over-scheduling, competitive academic standards, changing family structures, poor diets, and social media distractions, kids face increased stress and anxiety levels. To respond to this challenge, I believe that we collectively need to meet childrens’ physical, emotional, and mental needs. Here’s where BE Buddy and I come in.
“We are not born knowing how to handle stress, and without the appropriate tools to manage it, children can discover a much more damaging path.”
Hey, I'm Stephanie!
The breath is a superpower, and I want to teach kids and families HOW to use it! The breath is the link between the mind and body.
We have all heard the phrase when someone is upset or stressed,”Just breathe.”
However, most people don’t know how to breathe correctly.
This is my mission! I want to teach kids and families how to breathe the way the body wants to breathe.
Making a simple change to your life can make such a positive difference to your health and wellbeing. As your breathing coach, I can help you learn how to use it!
During my time teaching yoga and breathing exercises, I realized that children in our society experience a vast array of stressors that lead to anxiety and other health issues.
Our breath affects every aspect of our being, and it is something we can access anytime, anywhere, and it is FREE!
With a bit of training and awareness, kids can utilize this “superpower” throughout their life.
- MA in Education from Saint Mary’s University in 2000
- Licensed Elementary Teacher (grades 1-6)
- Over 20 years of working with children professionally and in various volunteer positions
- CPR AED Certified
- Trauma-informed yoga and instructional practices
Certified Yoga & BREATHE™ Instructor
- RYT-200 (Registered Yoga Teacher)
- Yoga Alliance member
- Certified BREATHE™ Instructor (under Dr. Belisa Vranich)
- Certified Yoga Sculpt Instructor
- Certified through Yoga 4 Teens Instructor
- Licensed and Insured for Liability